Sea Life Charlotte-Concord Aquarium is located about 20 minutes from Charlotte depending on where you are coming from. If you are looking for fun family entertainment for all ages this is a place to check out. It’s located in the Concord Mills mall and contains thousands aquatic creatures. Some of the coolest things offered at the Aquarium are the 360 degree ocean tunnel you can walk through along with the interactive touch pools where you can use all of your senses to see, touch, and smell different sea life.
There are ten interactive exhibits to check out; there’s the freshwater exhibit, the harbor exhibit, the interactive touch pool exhibit, the shoaling exhibit, the seahorse mangrove exhibit, the stingray bay exhibit, the shipwreck exhibit, the tropical ocean exhibit, the jellies exhibit, the coral reef exhibit, and the conservation cove exhibit. Each exhibit dives into the ocean where there is endless amazement to discover.
Sea Life Charlotte-Concord Aquarium
8111 Concord Mills Boulevard, Concord, NC 28027
Phone # (855) 450-0512 | Website
Adult 13+ 19.95
Child 3-12 14.95
Events Coming Up:
- Teacher Open House- February 11 th and 18 th 2-4pm- Teachers and their families get in free to learn about all the aquarium has to offer for their students.
- Health care professionals appreciation Month- January 8 th -Febuary 8 th – Health care professionals get in free and up to 4 guest get 50 percent off.
- Toddler Tuesday- On Tuesdays with the purchase of a $15.00 adult ticket you get a child in for free and each additional child is $5.00.
- Shell Social- 11:00am and 7:00pm daily to learn all about turtles.
- Lounging with Rays- 12:00pm and 6:00pm daily to learn about stingrays.
- Fin Frenzy- 1pm and 5pm daily to learn, talk, and feed the sharks at the aquarium.
- Chow time live- 2pm daily to watch the animals in the aquarium tanks be fed.
- Tentacle Tales- 2:15pm and 6pm daily to learn about the aquariums Giant Pacific Octopus.
*All of the above events are included with you general admission ticket.
Behind the Scene Tours:
Behind the scene tour is a twenty minute interactive experience that will immerse you in
the working world where you will be shown how life support, filtration and water quality
systems work, how food is prepared for the animals, plus research areas. You also get
to experience a birds-eye view of sharks and rays while walking above the 117,000
gallon ocean tank.
- Behind the Scenes Tours are approximately 20 minutes long. Tours are available daily
every 30 minutes from 11:00am through 6:00pm and on Sunday every 30 minutes from
12:00am through 6:00pm. There could be up to 15 people in your group for the tour.
The prices for the behind the scene tours includes your admission into the aquarium
and are as follows:
Child 3to12- 15.95
Senior 55+- 15.95
By visiting the aquarium the money you spend on your ticket helps with the
conservation of our oceans. By educating yourself you’ll learn how important sea life is
to our world and how important it is to keep it clean and healthy.
Looking for more information about Concord, North Carolina?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.