Today I would like to recommend nine key tips for keeping your home in great shape through the summer months.
Want to Buy a Home? Search All Homes
Want to Sell a Home? Get a Home Value Report
Keeping your home in good condition throughout the summer months is essential. Today I would like to highlight nine home maintenance tips to employ during this time of year.
1. Check up on your home’s heating and cooling units. Making sure these systems are in working order is critical all year long, but especially in the summer. You do not want to be caught without a way of combating the heat in your home. Having these systems regularly serviced will keep them running smoothly and help extend their lifespan.
2. Clean your garbage disposal. To avoid unpleasant smells, freshen up your disposal with ice, citrus rinds, and/or baking soda.
3. Maintain your landscaping. Fertilize your lawn and trim back any bushes, shrubs, and trees to keep your home’s exterior looking neat.
4. Power wash your siding, patio, sidewalks, and driveways. This will take care of any grime or dirt that has accumulated.
5. Check your grout. Summer is a great time of year to clean up your grout or apply new grout caulk if necessary.
Having heating and cooling systems regularly serviced will keep them
running smoothly and help extend their lifespan.
6. Check for leaks and plumbing problems. Leaking water can cause major, costly damage, so make sure your plumbing is in good shape for the season.
7. Check the crawl spaces beneath your home. Have someone go down and make sure you do not have mildew, fungus, or flooding in your crawl space.
8. Perform some kitchen maintenance. I know it sounds strange, but pulling out your refrigerator and vacuuming in that space can be great for its efficiency as well as your home’s cleanliness overall.
9. Make any necessary repairs to your deck. Adding new stain, replacing boards, tightening screws, and even sanding can all go a long way in making sure your deck stays in good condition.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.